BJP MLA shed `crocodile tears` to hog limelight in House: Cong
Bhopal: Main Opposition Congress today
dubbed as "crocodile tears" rolling down the eyes of a ruling
BJP MLA Lalita Yadav and MP Assembly Speaker Ishwardas Rohani
in the House last evening, over an alleged `indecent` remark
by a Congress member against her.
Lalita, who is a House member from Chhattarpur had
complained against the Congress member in the Assembly and
also in Rohani`s chamber yesterday, following which he also
She said that Congress MLAs had made `objectionable
remarks` when she was coming to the House.
However, Congress legislators including party MLA
Kalpana Parulekar said that the issue was being blown out of
proportion to hog limelight as nothing happening inside the
House was being noticed by the people.
Congress MLAs wearing white coats highlighting various
issues like power and water crisis, corruption, atrocities
against women, law and order problems among others plaguing
the state raised slogans like `Ghariali ansoo bahana band
karo` (stop shedding crocodile tears) to counter the BJP.
Following this, there were cries of "shame shame" from
BJP members. Later, Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan moved
a censure resolution against the Congress members, which was
passed by a voice vote.
Speaking to reporters, Parulekar questioned as to why
the Speaker did he not cry when double-meaning remarks were
passed in the House against women members.
"Why did he (Rohani) not react in the same manner when
women MLAs Pushpa Bharti and Kalyani Pande were humiliated in
the House earlier by Gopal Bhargava and Babulal Gaur and why
did they not bring a censure motion at that time," she asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department