BJP MLA`s guard carries pistol into MP Assembly building
Bhopal: A security guard of a Bharatiya Janata Party MLA on Friday entered the Madhya Pradesh Assembly building carrying a pistol and managed to go past check gates with metal detectors before he was asked to leave the premises.
The guard of Pananagar MLA Narendra Tripathi identified as Hanuman Prasad reached well inside the building by crossing check gates including the one where metal detectors were installed.
The security personnel at the Assembly, however, noticed him and took possession of his pistol.
Later, he was asked to leave the Assembly premises.
State Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta said the matter was not a breach of security though it was being looked into.
Speaker Ishwardas Rohani was also briefed about the incident, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'