BJP MLA`s guard carries pistol into MP Assembly building
Bhopal: A security guard of a Bharatiya Janata Party MLA on Friday entered the Madhya Pradesh Assembly building carrying a pistol and managed to go past check gates with metal detectors before he was asked to leave the premises.
The guard of Pananagar MLA Narendra Tripathi identified as Hanuman Prasad reached well inside the building by crossing check gates including the one where metal detectors were installed.
The security personnel at the Assembly, however, noticed him and took possession of his pistol.
Later, he was asked to leave the Assembly premises.
State Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta said the matter was not a breach of security though it was being looked into.
Speaker Ishwardas Rohani was also briefed about the incident, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sachin Tendulkar all set to gift a swanky BMW to PV Sindhu for scripting history
- Four-day Delhi Assembly session to ratify GST Bill starts today
- Here's what kept Abhay Deol away from silver screen for two years!
- Sensex opens in green on renewed buying; up 58 points
- 10 killed as bus falls into canal in Telangana's Khammam