BJP MLA`s guard carries pistol into MP Assembly building
Bhopal: A security guard of a Bharatiya Janata Party MLA on Friday entered the Madhya Pradesh Assembly building carrying a pistol and managed to go past check gates with metal detectors before he was asked to leave the premises.
The guard of Pananagar MLA Narendra Tripathi identified as Hanuman Prasad reached well inside the building by crossing check gates including the one where metal detectors were installed.
The security personnel at the Assembly, however, noticed him and took possession of his pistol.
Later, he was asked to leave the Assembly premises.
State Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta said the matter was not a breach of security though it was being looked into.
Speaker Ishwardas Rohani was also briefed about the incident, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days