BJP MP keen to give some responsibility to Uma Bharti ahead of polls
Tikamgarh (Madhya Pradesh): Virendra Kumar, BJP MP from Tikamgarh, on Thursday said the party should assign some responsibility to senior leader Uma Bharti in view of the coming Assembly polls in Madhya Pradesh.
"If the BJP gives any responsibility to Bharti in the poll-bound state, certainly it will gain politically in the elections," Kumar said, talking to PTI.
"Bharti still has a lot of influence among the people and the party should take advantage of it."
However, Kumar also said that Bharti should work in complete coordination with the Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and state BJP president Narendra Singh Tomar.
Bharti now represents Charkhari seat in Uttar Pradesh Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: Mulayam sacks Ram Gopal Yadav from party for six years; Shivpal says he is corrupt, involved with BJP
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane early