BJP MP keen to give some responsibility to Uma Bharti ahead of polls
Tikamgarh (Madhya Pradesh): Virendra Kumar, BJP MP from Tikamgarh, on Thursday said the party should assign some responsibility to senior leader Uma Bharti in view of the coming Assembly polls in Madhya Pradesh.
"If the BJP gives any responsibility to Bharti in the poll-bound state, certainly it will gain politically in the elections," Kumar said, talking to PTI.
"Bharti still has a lot of influence among the people and the party should take advantage of it."
However, Kumar also said that Bharti should work in complete coordination with the Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and state BJP president Narendra Singh Tomar.
Bharti now represents Charkhari seat in Uttar Pradesh Assembly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach