BJP MP seeks mercy killing over inflation
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) chief Prabhat Jha on Monday wrote a four-page letter to President Pratibha Patil, seeking "mercy killing" over the rapid rise of inflation and corruption in the country.
In his letter, the 54-year-old Rajya Sabha member says that rampant corruption and inflation have brought the common man of this country to the verge of death, "so it is better that a representative die earlier than to see its people die".
"You are the mother of the 115 crore people of India and you are also my mother. You must be in pain too over the inflation," the letter reads.
The opposition Congress called it a "political stunt".
"I think Prabhat Jha has some differences with party leaders in Madhya Pradesh so he has taken such a decision. Else, if it would have been because of inflation, then he should first talk to his own government (in the state) to reduce taxes like Mamata Banerjee has done (in West Bengal) and the Congress government is doing in its states," said Madhya Pradesh Congress chief Kantilal Bhuria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH