BJP MP wants international flights from Bhopal airport
Bhopal: BJP MP Kailash Joshi has demanded that international flights should be started from the Raja Bhoj airport in the city for the convenience of passengers intending to travel abroad.
"Starting of international flights from Bhopal would help those desirous of going abroad and also aid in increasing business," Joshi said at a meeting of the Airport Advisory Committee last evening.
Apart from international flights, direct flights to places like Bangalore and Jaipur should also be allowed from the city, the MP from Bhopal demanded.
Airlines should work out modalities to start direct flights from Bhopal to other big cities in the country, he said.
Facilities at the airport should be improved to allow landing of large aircrafts at the airport, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley