BJP nominees to file papers for RS polls today
Bhopal: Four BJP candidates for Rajya Sabha elections, including cash-for vote case accused Faggan Singh Kulaste, will file their nomination papers here Monday.
The party has nominated former Vice Chairman of the Upper House Najma Heptulla and senior leaders Kaptan Singh Solanki along with Kulaste, who was among the three lawmakers who had
waved wads of currency notes in the Lok Sabha during the 2008 trust vote, and Thavar Chand Gehlot for the biennial elections.
BJP can get three of its candidates elected based on its strength in the state assembly and will need to fight it out for the fourth candidate if the Congress decides to contest for two seats.
In case Congress fields only one nominee, all the four BJP candidates will win easily.
BJP has 152 seats in the 230-member house while Congress has 66. BSP has seven, SP one, independents three and one seat is vacant.
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- Pakistan jumps into Kohinoor controversy, says diamond was gifted to England
- Despite complete ban, four die after consuming spurious liquor in Bihar
- JNU teachers claim 'sex racket, use of drugs, alcohol rampant inside campus'
- These 5 apps are quietly eating up your data plan! Know which ones
- Bipasha Basu - Karan Singh Grover wedding: Check out interesting details about mehendi ceremony