BJP nominees to file papers for RS polls today
Bhopal: Four BJP candidates for Rajya Sabha elections, including cash-for vote case accused Faggan Singh Kulaste, will file their nomination papers here Monday.
The party has nominated former Vice Chairman of the Upper House Najma Heptulla and senior leaders Kaptan Singh Solanki along with Kulaste, who was among the three lawmakers who had
waved wads of currency notes in the Lok Sabha during the 2008 trust vote, and Thavar Chand Gehlot for the biennial elections.
BJP can get three of its candidates elected based on its strength in the state assembly and will need to fight it out for the fourth candidate if the Congress decides to contest for two seats.
In case Congress fields only one nominee, all the four BJP candidates will win easily.
BJP has 152 seats in the 230-member house while Congress has 66. BSP has seven, SP one, independents three and one seat is vacant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city