BJP nominees to file papers for RS polls today
Bhopal: Four BJP candidates for Rajya Sabha elections, including cash-for vote case accused Faggan Singh Kulaste, will file their nomination papers here Monday.
The party has nominated former Vice Chairman of the Upper House Najma Heptulla and senior leaders Kaptan Singh Solanki along with Kulaste, who was among the three lawmakers who had
waved wads of currency notes in the Lok Sabha during the 2008 trust vote, and Thavar Chand Gehlot for the biennial elections.
BJP can get three of its candidates elected based on its strength in the state assembly and will need to fight it out for the fourth candidate if the Congress decides to contest for two seats.
In case Congress fields only one nominee, all the four BJP candidates will win easily.
BJP has 152 seats in the 230-member house while Congress has 66. BSP has seven, SP one, independents three and one seat is vacant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef