BJP protest against inflation on June 22
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj will court arrest in Bhopal as part of BJP`s nationwide `jail bharo` agitation against hike in petrol prices and overall inflation on June 22, it was announced Tuesday.
"Over 4.5 lakh BJP workers in Madhya Pradesh will take part in the agitation and court arrest on the issue of rising inflation," Madhya Pradesh BJP President Prabhat Jha told reporters here today.
While Swaraj will court arrest in Bhopal, party`s national general secretaries Narendra Singh Tomar and Thawar Chand Gehlot will lead similar agitation and court arrest at Gwalior and Shajapur respectively while former Union Ministers Sumitra Mahajan and Faggan Singh Kulaste will court arrest at Indore and Mandla.
He said the party is also opposed to the proposed reduction in subsidy on domestic LPG cylinders and diesel.
Responding to a query, he said that after wresting Maheshwar assembly seat from Congress in the recent by-poll, the BJP has now set its eyes on winning local bodies elections being held in certain areas of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?