BJP protest against inflation on June 22
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in the Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj will court arrest in Bhopal as part of BJP`s nationwide `jail bharo` agitation against hike in petrol prices and overall inflation on June 22, it was announced Tuesday.
"Over 4.5 lakh BJP workers in Madhya Pradesh will take part in the agitation and court arrest on the issue of rising inflation," Madhya Pradesh BJP President Prabhat Jha told reporters here today.
While Swaraj will court arrest in Bhopal, party`s national general secretaries Narendra Singh Tomar and Thawar Chand Gehlot will lead similar agitation and court arrest at Gwalior and Shajapur respectively while former Union Ministers Sumitra Mahajan and Faggan Singh Kulaste will court arrest at Indore and Mandla.
He said the party is also opposed to the proposed reduction in subsidy on domestic LPG cylinders and diesel.
Responding to a query, he said that after wresting Maheshwar assembly seat from Congress in the recent by-poll, the BJP has now set its eyes on winning local bodies elections being held in certain areas of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days