BJP protests against railway budget in Indore
Indore: Criticising the railway budget which was presented in the Lok Sabha yesterday, BJP workers led by its Madhya Pradesh unit chief Prabhat Jha on Thursday held a demonstration and sit-in outside the railway station here.
Jha demanded that the fare hike be rolled back, and Madhya Pradesh be given preference in allotments.
The proposal to start a few new trains from Madhya Pradesh was a mere "jhunjhuna" (toy), he said, adding that it would neither help the business prospects nor the passengers.
BJP city unit president Shankar Lalwani, MLA Malini Gaur, Usha Thakur, BJYM city president Golu Shukla, and other office bearers attended the protest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Mauritius to remain major FDI source till March 2019: Experts
- Abhinav Bindra to head NRAI review committee on Rio debacle
- Now, WhatsApp to share your phone number with Facebook
- SHOCKING: Man performing stunt on high tension wire at Mumbai's Mira road station – Watch
- Bank of Baroda's total business takes Rs 90,000-crore hit in 2015-16