BJP protests against railway budget in Indore
Indore: Criticising the railway budget which was presented in the Lok Sabha yesterday, BJP workers led by its Madhya Pradesh unit chief Prabhat Jha on Thursday held a demonstration and sit-in outside the railway station here.
Jha demanded that the fare hike be rolled back, and Madhya Pradesh be given preference in allotments.
The proposal to start a few new trains from Madhya Pradesh was a mere "jhunjhuna" (toy), he said, adding that it would neither help the business prospects nor the passengers.
BJP city unit president Shankar Lalwani, MLA Malini Gaur, Usha Thakur, BJYM city president Golu Shukla, and other office bearers attended the protest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre