BJP protests against railway budget in Indore
Indore: Criticising the railway budget which was presented in the Lok Sabha yesterday, BJP workers led by its Madhya Pradesh unit chief Prabhat Jha on Thursday held a demonstration and sit-in outside the railway station here.
Jha demanded that the fare hike be rolled back, and Madhya Pradesh be given preference in allotments.
The proposal to start a few new trains from Madhya Pradesh was a mere "jhunjhuna" (toy), he said, adding that it would neither help the business prospects nor the passengers.
BJP city unit president Shankar Lalwani, MLA Malini Gaur, Usha Thakur, BJYM city president Golu Shukla, and other office bearers attended the protest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan
- CINTAA's joint secretary apologises to Rakhi Sawant, Dolly Bindra – Here’s why
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants Aamir, Salman, Shah Rukh Khan to support her