BJP protests against railway budget in Indore
Indore: Criticising the railway budget which was presented in the Lok Sabha yesterday, BJP workers led by its Madhya Pradesh unit chief Prabhat Jha on Thursday held a demonstration and sit-in outside the railway station here.
Jha demanded that the fare hike be rolled back, and Madhya Pradesh be given preference in allotments.
The proposal to start a few new trains from Madhya Pradesh was a mere "jhunjhuna" (toy), he said, adding that it would neither help the business prospects nor the passengers.
BJP city unit president Shankar Lalwani, MLA Malini Gaur, Usha Thakur, BJYM city president Golu Shukla, and other office bearers attended the protest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Auto-rickshaw strike in Delhi, commuters hit hard
- 7th Pay Commission: Notification issued; central govt employees, pensioners to get increased payout for August
- Video alert! Divyanka Tripathi - Vivek Dahiya’s wedding teaser will inspire you to fall in love
- Watch: Fire officials rescue calf after it fell into well in Mirzapur
- All leads have turned out to be bad: Manohar Parrikar on missing AN-32 aircraft