BJP protests against railway budget in Indore
Indore: Criticising the railway budget which was presented in the Lok Sabha yesterday, BJP workers led by its Madhya Pradesh unit chief Prabhat Jha on Thursday held a demonstration and sit-in outside the railway station here.
Jha demanded that the fare hike be rolled back, and Madhya Pradesh be given preference in allotments.
The proposal to start a few new trains from Madhya Pradesh was a mere "jhunjhuna" (toy), he said, adding that it would neither help the business prospects nor the passengers.
BJP city unit president Shankar Lalwani, MLA Malini Gaur, Usha Thakur, BJYM city president Golu Shukla, and other office bearers attended the protest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees