BJP protests over Shinde`s remarks at 11 places in Indore
Indore: Protesting against Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde for accusing BJP and RSS of running terror training camps, party workers and leaders held a silent protest-cum-sit-in at 11 places in the city here on Thursday.
Protests-cum-sit-ins were held at Tori Corner, Patnipura, Mhow Naka, Rajbada, and Bangali Chauraha where BJP workers led by MLA Sudarshan Gupta, city BJP president Shankar Lalwani, and BJP spokesman Umesh Sharma carried banners deploring Shinde`s derogatory remarks.
Similar protests were reported from five villages in Mhow and Rau mandals of the party, a spokesman said.
They also demanded that the Centre tender an apology to the nation, and remove Shinde from the post, Lalwani told reporters, after the end of the half day sit-in.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam