BJP protests over Shinde`s remarks at 11 places in Indore
Indore: Protesting against Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde for accusing BJP and RSS of running terror training camps, party workers and leaders held a silent protest-cum-sit-in at 11 places in the city here on Thursday.
Protests-cum-sit-ins were held at Tori Corner, Patnipura, Mhow Naka, Rajbada, and Bangali Chauraha where BJP workers led by MLA Sudarshan Gupta, city BJP president Shankar Lalwani, and BJP spokesman Umesh Sharma carried banners deploring Shinde`s derogatory remarks.
Similar protests were reported from five villages in Mhow and Rau mandals of the party, a spokesman said.
They also demanded that the Centre tender an apology to the nation, and remove Shinde from the post, Lalwani told reporters, after the end of the half day sit-in.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!