BJP protests over Shinde`s remarks at 11 places in Indore
Indore: Protesting against Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde for accusing BJP and RSS of running terror training camps, party workers and leaders held a silent protest-cum-sit-in at 11 places in the city here on Thursday.
Protests-cum-sit-ins were held at Tori Corner, Patnipura, Mhow Naka, Rajbada, and Bangali Chauraha where BJP workers led by MLA Sudarshan Gupta, city BJP president Shankar Lalwani, and BJP spokesman Umesh Sharma carried banners deploring Shinde`s derogatory remarks.
Similar protests were reported from five villages in Mhow and Rau mandals of the party, a spokesman said.
They also demanded that the Centre tender an apology to the nation, and remove Shinde from the post, Lalwani told reporters, after the end of the half day sit-in.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living