‘BJP, RSS leaders involved in grabbing tribal land`
Bhopal: The Leader of Opposition in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh, on Saturday claimed to have in possession documents showing involvement of certain leaders of the BJP and Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS) in "grabbing" tribal lands in Satna district.
"I am in possession of documents to prove that some leaders from the BJP and RSS are involved in buying and selling of lands allotted to tribals at Babupur in Satna district," Ajay told reporters at Satna after visiting Babupur village.
Demanding an inquiry by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), the opposition leader said the probe by state police will be of no use as influential persons are involved in usurping the lands.
Interestingly, state unit BJP president Prabhat Jha had on April 12 lodged a complaint with the state Commission for SC and ST against Ajay Singh, saying that the latter grabbed land owned by tribals in his native place Churhat.
Jha also alleged that he had documentary evidence to prove that Ajay`s kin were in possession of government land.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown