‘BJP, RSS leaders involved in grabbing tribal land`
Bhopal: The Leader of Opposition in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh, on Saturday claimed to have in possession documents showing involvement of certain leaders of the BJP and Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS) in "grabbing" tribal lands in Satna district.
"I am in possession of documents to prove that some leaders from the BJP and RSS are involved in buying and selling of lands allotted to tribals at Babupur in Satna district," Ajay told reporters at Satna after visiting Babupur village.
Demanding an inquiry by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), the opposition leader said the probe by state police will be of no use as influential persons are involved in usurping the lands.
Interestingly, state unit BJP president Prabhat Jha had on April 12 lodged a complaint with the state Commission for SC and ST against Ajay Singh, saying that the latter grabbed land owned by tribals in his native place Churhat.
Jha also alleged that he had documentary evidence to prove that Ajay`s kin were in possession of government land.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?