BJP tapping phones of senior leaders in MP: Cong
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress on Friday charged the state BJP government with tapping telephones of its party leaders.
A complaint regarding phones being tapped would be filed with Union Home Minister P Chidambaram and state Governor Ram Naresh Yadav, Congress state unit media department chairman Manak Agrawal said in a statement.
The phone calls of Congress leaders were being tapped secretly in Bhopal, Indore, Khargone, Jhabua, Dhar and Ujjain, he alleged.
It was also an attempt to "keep an eye on political activities of the Congress", he said.
The "dictatorial mentality" of the state government was becoming increasingly obvious with these activities, in view of the next year`s Assembly elections, Agrawal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?