BJP tapping phones of senior leaders in MP: Cong
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress on Friday charged the state BJP government with tapping telephones of its party leaders.
A complaint regarding phones being tapped would be filed with Union Home Minister P Chidambaram and state Governor Ram Naresh Yadav, Congress state unit media department chairman Manak Agrawal said in a statement.
The phone calls of Congress leaders were being tapped secretly in Bhopal, Indore, Khargone, Jhabua, Dhar and Ujjain, he alleged.
It was also an attempt to "keep an eye on political activities of the Congress", he said.
The "dictatorial mentality" of the state government was becoming increasingly obvious with these activities, in view of the next year`s Assembly elections, Agrawal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police