BJP tapping phones of senior leaders in MP: Cong
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress on Friday charged the state BJP government with tapping telephones of its party leaders.
A complaint regarding phones being tapped would be filed with Union Home Minister P Chidambaram and state Governor Ram Naresh Yadav, Congress state unit media department chairman Manak Agrawal said in a statement.
The phone calls of Congress leaders were being tapped secretly in Bhopal, Indore, Khargone, Jhabua, Dhar and Ujjain, he alleged.
It was also an attempt to "keep an eye on political activities of the Congress", he said.
The "dictatorial mentality" of the state government was becoming increasingly obvious with these activities, in view of the next year`s Assembly elections, Agrawal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Swiss fighter jet missing, believed crashed: Ministry
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir