BJP to file cases against Rahul for objectionable statements
Indore: Taking strong objection to Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi`s alleged derogatory remark against tribals during his Shahdol rally, BJP`s Vice-President Prabhat Jha said that the party would file two separate cases against him (Rahul) in a court in Bhopal tomorrow.
Addressing a Congress rally in Shahdol on October 17, Rahul had reportedly asked tribal women, if they were "raped" during the BJP`s 10-year-long rule in Madhya Pradesh, Jha claimed at a press conference.
"Asking such a question to women in public is highly objectionable and malicious. The BJP will file two separate cases in a local court in Bhopal tomorrow. The first case will be for defamation and and the second one would be under the Prevention of Atrocities Act against Rahul," he said.
Jha alleged that by making an objectionable statement about the rape of tribals, Rahul intentionally disrespected them, with the aim of inciting them against the BJP.
The BJP leader termed Rahul as a "festival boy of politics" and said that he visits a place to say "hello and hi" to the people and goes back.
The Congress will not gain anything from his rallies in Madhya Pradesh, because people are "very sensible", he said.
The BJP vice-president also said that the party would also file a case against Union Minister and the Congress Poll Campaign Committee Chairman Jyotiraditya Scindia for reportedly making a statement sometime ago that "Narmada river is being raped in the state".
He said that the statement had hurt the feelings of a large number of people in Madhya Pradesh, since they worship the Narmada river as their mother.
However, the MP Congress Spokesman Narendra Saluja
clarified the context in which the two statements were made by the Congress leaders and added that Jha is levelling baseless statements against leaders like Rahul and Scindia, simply to stay to grab headlines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?