BJP to put hoardings about poor national highways
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh BJP will put up
hoardings along national highways in the state to underline
their bad condition and highlight that it is the Centre which
is responsible for maintaining them.
BJP sources said here today that a decision to this
effect was taken last night at a meeting of the state BJP
Sources said that through the hoardings, the state
government wants to tell people that it has nothing to do with
the bad condition of national highways that pass through the
state, as the Centre is responsible for their upkeep.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan,
State BJP President Prabhat Jha were present in the meeting.
Chouhan will go to Delhi on August 26 to meet concerned
Union Ministers to highlight the issue.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living