BJP to retain power in MP, Chhattisgarh: Survey
New Delhi: The BJP is likely to retain power in Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh, a latest pre-poll survey says.
The survey was done by a leading English news channel, conducted by CSDS, claims that BJP will secure 61-71 seats in Chhattisgarh whereas Congress is likely to get between 16 and 24 seats. It shows that BJP`s vote share may rise by 5.7 per cent since 2008 polls against a drop in Congress` vote share by 6.6 per cent since the last polls.
In Madhya Pradesh, the survey claims that BJP is likely to retain power by winning between 148 and 160 seats in the 230 member assembly, with Congress securing between 52 and 62 seats.
The BJP is likely to get a 44 per cent vote share with Congress` 33 per cent. The pre-poll survey says BJP`s vote share may rise by 6.4 per cent since polls in 2008; whereas Congress vote share may rise by just 0.6 per cent since the last polls.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!