BJP trying to malign me: Dhanopia
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress spokesman J P Dhanopia today alleged that the ruling BJP was trying to frame him in a false case with regard to State Women`s Commission.
The Commission yesterday filed a case against him after he allegedly had a verbal duel with Commission Chairperson Upma Rai on May 10.
Dhanopia had gone to the Commission office on May 10 as an advocate for the Mahila Kalyan Samiti. Rai told him that advocates were not welcome in the Commission and asked him to leave its premises, following which a war of words took place between them, he said.
The Commission filed a case against him under sections 186 and 187 (obstructing work) of the IPC at Shymala Hills police station.
The whole exercise was nothing but an attempt at the instance of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan to threaten those who are loyal to Congress, he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him