BJP trying to malign me: Dhanopia
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress spokesman J P Dhanopia today alleged that the ruling BJP was trying to frame him in a false case with regard to State Women`s Commission.
The Commission yesterday filed a case against him after he allegedly had a verbal duel with Commission Chairperson Upma Rai on May 10.
Dhanopia had gone to the Commission office on May 10 as an advocate for the Mahila Kalyan Samiti. Rai told him that advocates were not welcome in the Commission and asked him to leave its premises, following which a war of words took place between them, he said.
The Commission filed a case against him under sections 186 and 187 (obstructing work) of the IPC at Shymala Hills police station.
The whole exercise was nothing but an attempt at the instance of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan to threaten those who are loyal to Congress, he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family