BJP trying to malign me: Dhanopia
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Congress spokesman J P Dhanopia today alleged that the ruling BJP was trying to frame him in a false case with regard to State Women`s Commission.
The Commission yesterday filed a case against him after he allegedly had a verbal duel with Commission Chairperson Upma Rai on May 10.
Dhanopia had gone to the Commission office on May 10 as an advocate for the Mahila Kalyan Samiti. Rai told him that advocates were not welcome in the Commission and asked him to leave its premises, following which a war of words took place between them, he said.
The Commission filed a case against him under sections 186 and 187 (obstructing work) of the IPC at Shymala Hills police station.
The whole exercise was nothing but an attempt at the instance of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan to threaten those who are loyal to Congress, he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?