BJP unable to digest its `unexpected` victory in MP: Congress
Bhopal: Congress on Friday took a swipe at the BJP saying its leaders are unable to digest their "unexpected" victory in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections and were trying to attack others without any reason.
In a statement issued here, Madhya Pradesh Congress president Kantilal Bhuria said the people have given their verdict to the BJP for the state`s development and not for indulging in rhetoric.
Bhuria said that winners should never feel that they have been given a lease of power forever.
He said the BJP should realise this from the fact that several of its ministers including Laxmikant Sharma, Anoop Mishra and K L Agarwal lost the elections.
Bhuria said that if the vote share of the BJP has gone up, the voting percentage of the Congress has also increased, adding that pattern of voting is likely to change during the Lok Sabha elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Watch: This guy convinces girls to get pictures clicked with him – know how