BJP unable to digest its `unexpected` victory in MP: Congress
Bhopal: Congress on Friday took a swipe at the BJP saying its leaders are unable to digest their "unexpected" victory in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections and were trying to attack others without any reason.
In a statement issued here, Madhya Pradesh Congress president Kantilal Bhuria said the people have given their verdict to the BJP for the state`s development and not for indulging in rhetoric.
Bhuria said that winners should never feel that they have been given a lease of power forever.
He said the BJP should realise this from the fact that several of its ministers including Laxmikant Sharma, Anoop Mishra and K L Agarwal lost the elections.
Bhuria said that if the vote share of the BJP has gone up, the voting percentage of the Congress has also increased, adding that pattern of voting is likely to change during the Lok Sabha elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list