BJP unable to digest its `unexpected` victory in MP: Congress
Bhopal: Congress on Friday took a swipe at the BJP saying its leaders are unable to digest their "unexpected" victory in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections and were trying to attack others without any reason.
In a statement issued here, Madhya Pradesh Congress president Kantilal Bhuria said the people have given their verdict to the BJP for the state`s development and not for indulging in rhetoric.
Bhuria said that winners should never feel that they have been given a lease of power forever.
He said the BJP should realise this from the fact that several of its ministers including Laxmikant Sharma, Anoop Mishra and K L Agarwal lost the elections.
Bhuria said that if the vote share of the BJP has gone up, the voting percentage of the Congress has also increased, adding that pattern of voting is likely to change during the Lok Sabha elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP