BJP using "terror" to promote family planning: Cong
Bhopal: The leader of opposition in the Madhya Pradesh assembly, Ajay Singh, on Friday alleged that "inhuman" methods were being used by the health authorities to
promote sterilisation operations in the state.
The Congress leader said in a letter to the state government that incidents at Jabalpur indicated how the programme of sterilisation for family planning was being
carried out. Three persons there, namely, Kalpana Sharma, Abdul Hameed and Sangeeta Kevat, who were sterilised last year, were forced to undergo the procedure again recently, he alleged.
The BJP government in the state was using "terror" to make people undergo sterilisation operation, he said.
Instead, the government should promote family planning through awareness campaigns, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation