BJP using "terror" to promote family planning: Cong
Bhopal: The leader of opposition in the Madhya Pradesh assembly, Ajay Singh, on Friday alleged that "inhuman" methods were being used by the health authorities to
promote sterilisation operations in the state.
The Congress leader said in a letter to the state government that incidents at Jabalpur indicated how the programme of sterilisation for family planning was being
carried out. Three persons there, namely, Kalpana Sharma, Abdul Hameed and Sangeeta Kevat, who were sterilised last year, were forced to undergo the procedure again recently, he alleged.
The BJP government in the state was using "terror" to make people undergo sterilisation operation, he said.
Instead, the government should promote family planning through awareness campaigns, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing