BJP will form govt in 2014 under Narendra Modi`s leadership: Arun Jaitley
Bhopal: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Arun Jaitley on Wednesday said his party will form the government at the Centre in 2014 under Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi’s leadership.
Jaitley also expressed confidence that Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan will secure a third term in office.
“After Shivrajji retains power in November, we will form the government at the Centre under Modiji’s leadership next year,” he said, while addressing the BJP’s ‘Karyakarta Mahakumbh’ rally.
Jaitley, who is the Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha, also highlighted the rampant corruption and inflation under the UPA government 2 to prove his point.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, who is seeking a third term in state elections due by November, is leaving no stone unturned in garnering public support and the presence of the BJP’s top brass in this rally is an icing on the cake for him.
The Karyakarta Mahakumbh is being organised to commemorate the birth anniversary of Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya, a founding member of the Bharatiya Jana Sangh, the forerunner of the BJP.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India