BJP will give 50% of tickets to women in MP polls: CM
Hoshangabad: In a bid to increase women`s participation in governance, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said BJP will give 50 percent of tickets to women in the upcoming state Assembly elections.
"This decision has been taken to ensure that women`s participation in governance goes up. The time has come for women to rule and men sit at home", Chouhan said while addressing the "Atal Jyoti Abhiyan" programme last evening here.
The Chief Minister said that the outcome of Karnataka Assembly elections would not have any bearing on Madhya Pradesh polls, which are due by year-end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf