BJP will give 50% of tickets to women in MP polls: CM
Hoshangabad: In a bid to increase women`s participation in governance, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said BJP will give 50 percent of tickets to women in the upcoming state Assembly elections.
"This decision has been taken to ensure that women`s participation in governance goes up. The time has come for women to rule and men sit at home", Chouhan said while addressing the "Atal Jyoti Abhiyan" programme last evening here.
The Chief Minister said that the outcome of Karnataka Assembly elections would not have any bearing on Madhya Pradesh polls, which are due by year-end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi