BJP will give 50% of tickets to women in MP polls: CM
Hoshangabad: In a bid to increase women`s participation in governance, Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said BJP will give 50 percent of tickets to women in the upcoming state Assembly elections.
"This decision has been taken to ensure that women`s participation in governance goes up. The time has come for women to rule and men sit at home", Chouhan said while addressing the "Atal Jyoti Abhiyan" programme last evening here.
The Chief Minister said that the outcome of Karnataka Assembly elections would not have any bearing on Madhya Pradesh polls, which are due by year-end.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note