BJP will make India a true superpower under Narendra Modi: Uma Bharti
Bhopal: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Uma Bharti on Wednesday said her party will make India a true superpower under the leadership of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
“Under Narendra Bhai, we will make India a true superpower,” said Bharti, while addressing the BJP’s ‘Karyakarta Mahakumbh’ rally.
“Let my elder brother Shivrajji (Shivraj Singh Chouhan) get a bigger mandate than in 2003 also,” she added.
Bharti also took a jibe at Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi considered by many to be the face of his party in 2014.
“Rahul went to the houses of poor, but that is not development,” she said.
Attempting to woo the crowd, Bharti said the coming together of party workers is god’s blessing to make Modi the Prime Minister.
“The party workers have shown ‘Virat Roop of Shri Krishna’ to make Shivrajji the Chief Minister of MP and Narendra Bhai the Prime Minister,” she said.
Bharti also used the occasion to appeal to all leaders who have reservations against Modi within the party.
“Narendra Bhai once told me that Advani is such a leader that one starts to like him more and more as one gets closer to him,” she said.
The 85-year-old patriarch shared the stage with Narendra Modi for the first time since the BJP named the Gujarat Chief Minister its prime ministerial candidate.
Modi earlier touched Advani’s feet when the stalwart greeted him with a bouquet.
Advani, who was against the BJP naming Modi as its prime ministerial candidate before the upcoming assembly polls in five states, had stayed away from the crucial BJP parliamentary board meeting on September 13 when the decision was announced.
Advani had also written a letter to BJP President Rajnath Singh to express his disappointment over the latter’s style of functioning.
However, while addressing a rally in Chhattisgarh, he publicly praised Modi on his elevation.
“Gujarat has improved a lot in infrastructure and electricity. I give this example because, Narendra Modi, who my party has appointed as the 2014 PM candidate, has done a lot for the development of the state of Gujarat," he said.
The Karyakarta Mahakumbh is being organised to commemorate the birth anniversary of Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyaya, a founding member of the Bharatiya Jana Sangh, the forerunner of the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa says she will not resign from Rajya Sabha
- New research identifies role of mood in making decisions
- Teachers tend to favour middle-class students: Study
- 'The Ring' co-star Anushka Sharma beats Shah Rukh Khan in 'Prague'! – Know how
- Indonesian church attacker ''obsessed'' with Islamic State leader: Senior minister