BJP women MLAs in MP demanded apology
Bhopal: Women MLAs of the ruling BJP in
Madhya Pradesh on Tuesday demanded an apology from the Congress for
party`s state president Kantilal Bhuria`s "objectionable"
remark against two women ministers.
Terming Bhuria`s remark against School Education
Minister Archana Chitnis and Women and Child Development
Minister Ranjana Baghel as "highly objectionable", the issue
was raised during the zero hour by BJP`s Neeta Pateria.
However, the Congress members, including Deputy
Leader of the Congress Legislature Party (CLP) Choudhry Rakesh
Singh Chaturvedi and others objected to it, after which, chaos
prevailed for a while, forcing the Speaker Ishwar Das Rohani
to adjourn the House for about ten minutes.
Later, Pateria, Chitnis, Baghel and Rekha Yadav raised
slogans against Congress. Terming the remark as an insult to
women, they demanded an apology from Bhuria and the CLP.
"Instead of condemning the remark, the Congress is
shamelessly defending its state president," Chitnis said.
The BJP women MLA now plan to apprise President
Pratibha Patil, Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar, Congress
president Sonia Gandhi and Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha
Sushma Swaraj about the issue.
The BJP would also table a resolution condemning
Bhuria, she said.
During a function in Alirajpur district in the state,
Bhuria had allegedly described the two women ministers as
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM