BJP women MLAs in MP demanded apology
Bhopal: Women MLAs of the ruling BJP in
Madhya Pradesh on Tuesday demanded an apology from the Congress for
party`s state president Kantilal Bhuria`s "objectionable"
remark against two women ministers.
Terming Bhuria`s remark against School Education
Minister Archana Chitnis and Women and Child Development
Minister Ranjana Baghel as "highly objectionable", the issue
was raised during the zero hour by BJP`s Neeta Pateria.
However, the Congress members, including Deputy
Leader of the Congress Legislature Party (CLP) Choudhry Rakesh
Singh Chaturvedi and others objected to it, after which, chaos
prevailed for a while, forcing the Speaker Ishwar Das Rohani
to adjourn the House for about ten minutes.
Later, Pateria, Chitnis, Baghel and Rekha Yadav raised
slogans against Congress. Terming the remark as an insult to
women, they demanded an apology from Bhuria and the CLP.
"Instead of condemning the remark, the Congress is
shamelessly defending its state president," Chitnis said.
The BJP women MLA now plan to apprise President
Pratibha Patil, Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar, Congress
president Sonia Gandhi and Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha
Sushma Swaraj about the issue.
The BJP would also table a resolution condemning
Bhuria, she said.
During a function in Alirajpur district in the state,
Bhuria had allegedly described the two women ministers as
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read