BJP worker files police complaint against Digvijay Singh
Indore: A BJP worker has filed a complaint against Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh over the controversial burqa episode at a local police station here.
BJP Co-operative Cell joint co-ordinator Shekhar Kibe filed a complaint in the Sanyogitaganj police station against Singh under Sections 120B (criminal conspiracy), 420 (cheating), 467 (forging documents), 500 (contempt) and other sections of Indian Penal Code (IPC).
On September 24, the Congress General Secretary had alleged at a press conference that BJP had got 10,000 burqas stitched for its Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s September 25 rally.
He had alleged that the saffron outfit had paid for the burqas through the director of a Bhopal-based real estate company.
Kibe alleged that Singh had made those allegations to defame Modi, the Gujarat Chief Minister, and Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
The receipt presented by Singh to support his claims was fake and the tailoring shop too had confirmed it, Kibe alleged.
Meanwhile, SP (East), OP Tripathi said that police would be in a position to take a legal stand in the case only after studying the complaint.
BJP had claimed in the run-up to Modi`s rally that nearly 50,000 Muslim men and women wearing skull caps and burqas would take part in its `Karyakarta Mahakumbh` in Bhopal.
But, on September 24, Digvijay had claimed that BJP had got 10,000 burqas stitched to mislead people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head