BJP worker files police complaint against Digvijay Singh
Indore: A BJP worker has filed a complaint against Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh over the controversial burqa episode at a local police station here.
BJP Co-operative Cell joint co-ordinator Shekhar Kibe filed a complaint in the Sanyogitaganj police station against Singh under Sections 120B (criminal conspiracy), 420 (cheating), 467 (forging documents), 500 (contempt) and other sections of Indian Penal Code (IPC).
On September 24, the Congress General Secretary had alleged at a press conference that BJP had got 10,000 burqas stitched for its Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s September 25 rally.
He had alleged that the saffron outfit had paid for the burqas through the director of a Bhopal-based real estate company.
Kibe alleged that Singh had made those allegations to defame Modi, the Gujarat Chief Minister, and Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
The receipt presented by Singh to support his claims was fake and the tailoring shop too had confirmed it, Kibe alleged.
Meanwhile, SP (East), OP Tripathi said that police would be in a position to take a legal stand in the case only after studying the complaint.
BJP had claimed in the run-up to Modi`s rally that nearly 50,000 Muslim men and women wearing skull caps and burqas would take part in its `Karyakarta Mahakumbh` in Bhopal.
But, on September 24, Digvijay had claimed that BJP had got 10,000 burqas stitched to mislead people.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Nobody came to help while I screamed, says victim of Bengaluru kidnapping case
- Indian Premier League 2016: List of 11 injured players that have been ruled out of remaining tournament
- Kishore Biyani resigns as Managing Director of Future Retail
- I'm against honouring Malala Yousafzai with Nobel Peace Prize: Spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- Sebi cancels registration of Deutsche Mutual Fund