BJP workers burn Digvijay Singh`s effigy
Indore: Angry over "unparliamentary" remarks made by Digvijay Singh against BJP President Nitin Gadkari and Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhah, the party workers on Friday set afire an effigy of the senior Congress leader here.
The BJP activists charged Singh with using
"unparliamentary" language against their leaders and raised
slogans against him. They later set afire an effigy of the
Congress General Secretary in protest at Malwa Mill Square.
The war of words between Singh and Gadkari began when
the latter dubbed the former MP Chief Minister as the son of
Mughal ruler Aurangzeb. Singh hit back yesterday, asking
Gadkari whether he is the son of Maharana Pratap or Shivaji.
Singh also termed the BJP Government in Madhya Pradesh
as "highly corrupt" and attacked Chouhan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users