BJP yet to submit statement of expenses for MP polls in 2013
Bhopal: The ruling BJP in Madhya Pradesh has so far not submitted statement of expenses incurred by it during the last assembly elections in the state in November 2013.
The Election Commission has sent repeated reminders to the New Delhi office of the BJP asking for details but noting has been done so far.
This was revealed in a joint report released by the Association for Democratic Reforms (ADR) and Madhya Pradesh Election Watch (MPEW) here last evening.
Officials in Madhya Pradesh Election office said that they have nothing to do with what was said in the report of the two bodies.
"The two bodies are private in nature and we have no control over what they do," officials said.
Meanwhile, Madhya Pradesh BJP Media In-charge Hitesh Bajpai said the delay in submitting statement of expenses was merely a "technical" matter.
The State BJP had sent details of expenses to the Central leadership which will forward them to Election Commission in due course, he added.
As per the report, the BJP is the only national political party that has not submitted details about its poll expenses.
The law stipulates that political parties must submit a statement of expenses incurred by them within 75 days after completion of polls.More PTI AS DK SDM
The two bodies said that as per information submitted by political parties including Congress, BSP, NCP, CPI(M) and CPI, they had collected Rs 34.54 crore between November 1, 2013 and November 25, 2013.
All these parties incurred a total expense of Rs 34.04 crore but Congress led the pack by collecting Rs 34.16 crore alone out of the Rs 34.54 crore, while it spent Rs 33.78 crore.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan had steered BJP to a record third straight win in Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections, inflicting a resounding defeat on Congress after 230 constituencies across the went to polls on November 25 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened