BJP yet to submit statement of expenses for MP polls in 2013
Bhopal: The ruling BJP in Madhya Pradesh has so far not submitted statement of expenses incurred by it during the last assembly elections in the state in November 2013.
The Election Commission has sent repeated reminders to the New Delhi office of the BJP asking for details but noting has been done so far.
This was revealed in a joint report released by the Association for Democratic Reforms (ADR) and Madhya Pradesh Election Watch (MPEW) here last evening.
Officials in Madhya Pradesh Election office said that they have nothing to do with what was said in the report of the two bodies.
"The two bodies are private in nature and we have no control over what they do," officials said.
Meanwhile, Madhya Pradesh BJP Media In-charge Hitesh Bajpai said the delay in submitting statement of expenses was merely a "technical" matter.
The State BJP had sent details of expenses to the Central leadership which will forward them to Election Commission in due course, he added.
As per the report, the BJP is the only national political party that has not submitted details about its poll expenses.
The law stipulates that political parties must submit a statement of expenses incurred by them within 75 days after completion of polls.More PTI AS DK SDM
The two bodies said that as per information submitted by political parties including Congress, BSP, NCP, CPI(M) and CPI, they had collected Rs 34.54 crore between November 1, 2013 and November 25, 2013.
All these parties incurred a total expense of Rs 34.04 crore but Congress led the pack by collecting Rs 34.16 crore alone out of the Rs 34.54 crore, while it spent Rs 33.78 crore.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan had steered BJP to a record third straight win in Madhya Pradesh Assembly elections, inflicting a resounding defeat on Congress after 230 constituencies across the went to polls on November 25 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption