BJP`s first trust vote wins in K`taka unconstitutional: Digvijay
Bhopal: Congress General Secretary Digvijay
Singh on Thursday described as "unconstitutional" Karnataka Assembly
Speaker`s decision to allow a voice vote instead of division
of votes on October 11.
"It was totally illegal and unconstitutional," he told
reporters here, referring to the BJP government in Karnataka
winning the motion by voice vote.
Singh also said it was wrong on the part of the government
not to allow some people to vote merely because there was an
assumption that they would vote against it.
On the Speaker rejecting Opposition Congress plea today
for postponing the session convened to take up the motion of
confidence by Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa, he said "it is
the prerogative of the Chair."
About BJP government winning the trust vote today by a
narrow margin, Singh said, "I wish them best of luck."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley