Blind PhD-holder fails to get job, forced to end hunger strike
Indore: A PhD-holder blind woman, who was on a hunger strike in front of the Divisional Commissioner`s office here since August 15 because she did not get a job under the disabled`s quota, was forcibly shifted to a hospital and made to end her fast today, police said.
Dr Fatima, the woman, applied to various government departments for a job under the quota for the disabled after doing her doctorate in Political Science in 2010, but in vain.
She hails from Bhabra in Alirajpur district of Madhya Pradesh. Today, women police personnel forcibly took her to Government-run M Y Hospital as her condition was deteriorating. She had lost six kgs since she started her fast-unto-death, police said.
She was forced to end the fast, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016