Body exhumed after six months to probe man’s cause of death in MP
Barwani (Madhya Pradesh): After six months of his death, the remains of a man were exhumed to probe the cause of his death as his family alleged that he was murdered by a relative, police said on Friday.
Police had found a body on June 28 last year and since it could not be identified that time, they had buried it.
However, later, the family members of one - Sriram - claimed that it was his body after identifying his clothes and articles recovered by the police from the body.
The family then lodged a case alleging that Sriram`s brother-in-law had taken him on the pretext of getting him a job, but since then he had been missing.
Later, on the basis of the complaint, Sriram`s brother-in-law Mangilal Singh was arrested.
Yesterday, the remains were exhumed by police officials in the presence of the block medical officer which would be sent to a lab in Sagar for testing, to ascertain the cause of death, Thikri police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened