Body exhumed after six months to probe man’s cause of death in MP
Barwani (Madhya Pradesh): After six months of his death, the remains of a man were exhumed to probe the cause of his death as his family alleged that he was murdered by a relative, police said on Friday.
Police had found a body on June 28 last year and since it could not be identified that time, they had buried it.
However, later, the family members of one - Sriram - claimed that it was his body after identifying his clothes and articles recovered by the police from the body.
The family then lodged a case alleging that Sriram`s brother-in-law had taken him on the pretext of getting him a job, but since then he had been missing.
Later, on the basis of the complaint, Sriram`s brother-in-law Mangilal Singh was arrested.
Yesterday, the remains were exhumed by police officials in the presence of the block medical officer which would be sent to a lab in Sagar for testing, to ascertain the cause of death, Thikri police added.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- RBI proposes to regulate peer-to-peer lending sector
- Mamta Kulkarni's husband involved in country's biggest drug seizure?
- US economy expands 0.5% in Q1, slowest in two years
- MUST WATCH: What Indian Muslims said when they were asked to say 'Vande Matram', 'Bharat Mata ki Jai'
- Uber partners Gurugram Police in a bid to curb drunken driving