Boy swallowed alive by crocodile in Madhya Pradesh
Bhopal: A huge crocodile swallowed alive a 12-year-old boy in National Chambal Sanctuary in Madhya Pradesh`s Bhind district on Thursday, as per reports.
Forest officers informed that the boy, who was accompanied by his father, was snatched away by a large crocodile.
The accident occurred on Thursday evening when the boy was drinking water from the river, TOI reported.
The boy`s father who was standing a short distance away and a few onlookers tried saving the boy but were no match to the crocodile that dragged the child away.
The victim has been identified as Imran Khan.
As per the last census the area is reportedly the habitat of over 500 crocodiles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan