Boy swallowed alive by crocodile in Madhya Pradesh
Bhopal: A huge crocodile swallowed alive a 12-year-old boy in National Chambal Sanctuary in Madhya Pradesh`s Bhind district on Thursday, as per reports.
Forest officers informed that the boy, who was accompanied by his father, was snatched away by a large crocodile.
The accident occurred on Thursday evening when the boy was drinking water from the river, TOI reported.
The boy`s father who was standing a short distance away and a few onlookers tried saving the boy but were no match to the crocodile that dragged the child away.
The victim has been identified as Imran Khan.
As per the last census the area is reportedly the habitat of over 500 crocodiles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez