Boy`s murder: Shivpuri simmers with tension
Shivpuri (MP): Violence over the alleged murder of an abducted local boy continued on second day on Tuesday in Shivpuri town as a mob set on fire the official vehicle of a senior police officer, prompting the administration to impose prohibitory orders under Section 144 of the CrPC.
Trouble began this evening when mob pelted stones at the official car of Sub-Divisional Officer of Police S N Mukherjee with stones before torching it, police said.
Mukherjee, along with other officials, had gone to the residence of Utsav Goyal, a Class VI student, who was allegedly abducted and murdered by his captors, to hand over his body.
Utsav, son of a property dealer, was kidnapped on March 2 from Vivekanad Colony here when he was going for a tuition class. His body was found lying in nearby Amola forest yesterday, triggering violent protests last evening.
Meanwhile, police today arrested the bus driver of Happydays School, identified as Aqueel Khan, and his associate Firoz Khan while their two other associates are absconding.
According to police, the duo have confessed to abducting and murdering Utsav in a bid to extract ransom of Rs 5 lakh from his parents.
With violence continuing unabated, prohibitory orders under Section 144 of CrPC were imposed in entire town today, police said.
The situation in the city continues to be tense but is under control, with heavy deployment of police near Utsav`s school as a precautionary measure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!