Breaking a bucket costs 10-yr-old student his life
Bhopal: In a shocking development, a 10-year-old child has died in Madhya Pradesh’s Betul district after being beaten by his teachers.
Aslam Ansari was beaten up nearly three weeks ago by his teachers after he allegedly damaged a plastic bucket inside school premises. The physical punishment was so harsh that his spine got fractured.
Seventeen days after the incident, Aslam succumbed to his injuries on Tuesday. According to doctors at Bhopal`s Hamidia Hospital, where the child was admitted, his injuries were so severe that he was not able to even turn his neck.
Reports said the police have arrested an accused teacher Birju Sonaria, while the other, Vijay Ram Bhagat, is absconding. The incident happened on November 16 at the government school at Betul`s Pathakheda.
Police said the teachers, who were earlier charged with causing grievous hurt, will be booked for murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Exercise maximum possible restraint while dealing with mob: Army Chief to security forces
- Anti-pollution campaign bags global environment award
- Duleep Trophy: Floodlight malfunction grabs more attention than Pink ball
- Hero launches 17 cycles, price starts Rs 7,000
- Full List: 10 wealthiest countries in the world; India at 7th place