Breaking a bucket costs 10-yr-old student his life
Bhopal: In a shocking development, a 10-year-old child has died in Madhya Pradesh’s Betul district after being beaten by his teachers.
Aslam Ansari was beaten up nearly three weeks ago by his teachers after he allegedly damaged a plastic bucket inside school premises. The physical punishment was so harsh that his spine got fractured.
Seventeen days after the incident, Aslam succumbed to his injuries on Tuesday. According to doctors at Bhopal`s Hamidia Hospital, where the child was admitted, his injuries were so severe that he was not able to even turn his neck.
Reports said the police have arrested an accused teacher Birju Sonaria, while the other, Vijay Ram Bhagat, is absconding. The incident happened on November 16 at the government school at Betul`s Pathakheda.
Police said the teachers, who were earlier charged with causing grievous hurt, will be booked for murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lok Sabha expresses concern over missing Indian Air Force's AN 32 aircraft
- Massive search continues for missing IAF plane on Day 4; 13 Navy vessels, 2 ships deployed
- Hurriyat Conference chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani arrested for defying restrictions
- Narsingh Yadav doping row: PM Narendra Modi intervenes, seeks details of controversy from WFI president
- India won't tolerate any insult to its Army - Must Read