Breaking a bucket costs 10-yr-old student his life
Bhopal: In a shocking development, a 10-year-old child has died in Madhya Pradesh’s Betul district after being beaten by his teachers.
Aslam Ansari was beaten up nearly three weeks ago by his teachers after he allegedly damaged a plastic bucket inside school premises. The physical punishment was so harsh that his spine got fractured.
Seventeen days after the incident, Aslam succumbed to his injuries on Tuesday. According to doctors at Bhopal`s Hamidia Hospital, where the child was admitted, his injuries were so severe that he was not able to even turn his neck.
Reports said the police have arrested an accused teacher Birju Sonaria, while the other, Vijay Ram Bhagat, is absconding. The incident happened on November 16 at the government school at Betul`s Pathakheda.
Police said the teachers, who were earlier charged with causing grievous hurt, will be booked for murder.
- No comments! Virat Kohli on Salman Khan as goodwill ambassador for Indian contingent at Rio Olympics
- Rajan for inclusion of financial literacy in school syllabus
- Eleven dead found after Norway helicopter crash: Rescuers
- Michel Platini in court for make-or-break appeal at CAS
- Oommen Chandy set for smooth sail in Puthuppally