British envoy on Bhopal visit to strengthen trade
Bhopal: The British Deputy High Commissioner for Western India, Peter Beckingham will make a two-day visit here from Tuesday to explore business opportunities in the state.
Beckingham will lead a team comprising senior trade and investment advisors from UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) based in the British Deputy High Commission in Mumbai, and representatives of the British Council and the Welsh Government, a release issued by the British High Commission said.
Beckingham will call upon government officials, leading companies and business persons and also lead an interaction by the delegation with the members of Federation of Madhya Pradesh Chambers of Commerce & Industry, Mandideep Industries Association and Govindpura Industries Association, the release said.
The British Deputy High Commission and UKTI are actively engaged in promoting trade and investment ties between Western India and the UK, the release said.
The visit to Bhopal is a continuation of an outreach initiative started by UKTI to reach out to Indian companies outside major metros in order to explore opportunities for business collaborations between UK and India Inc, it said.
The initiative is also aimed at working with Indian companies to realise their global aspirations, by assisting them to establish their presence in the UK.
The release said that since the start of the outreach initiative in 2009, UKTI in India has engaged with over 2000 Indian business in over 25 Indian emerging cities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues