BRTS in Bhopal to be completed by Feb 2011, says Gaur
Bhopal: India`s longest Bus Rapid Transit
System (BRTS) corridor being constructed in Bhopal would be
completed by February 2011, Madhya Pradesh Urban Development
and Administration Minister, Babulal Gaur said here today.
The total length of the BRTS corridor in Bhopal will be
24 kms. The corridor from Bairagarh to Misrod will be
constructed at an estimated cost of Rs 184 crore.
The BRTS corridor`s consultant agency`s (BCEOM) Testing
Laboratory Specialist, N B Murthy told Gaur that the
under-construction corridor at Bhopal is the longest (24 km
length) while a similar corridor in Gujarat`s Gandhi Nagar is
seven km long.
A total of 14 BRTS corridors are being constructed
After inspecting the ongoing construction work of the
corridor, Gaur said though BRTS project would be completed in
February 2011, limited number of specially designed low-floor
buses would start plying from May onwards.
A total of 48 ultra-modern stoppages would be constructed
on the corridor which will be 30 meter wide having six lanes
(three each on both sides) road.
While a lane each in the middle of the corridor on both
sides will be reserved for BRTS buses, remaining two will be
available for four-wheelers and two-wheelers.
The other speciality of this corridor is that in other
cities they are being constructed outside the cities while in
Bhopal it is passing through the dense areas of the city and
is totally safe, Murthy added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow