BSP MLA from MP receives threat, lodges complaint with police
Bhopal: A Bahujan Samaj Party MLA has lodged
a police complaint claiming he received a death threat over
phone from a person calling from Punjab.
BSP MLA from Sevadha in Datia district Radhelal Baghel
met the Madhya Pradesh Director General of Police (DGP)
Santosh Kumar Raut here and informed him about the threat to
Baghel told the DGP he received a call from Punjab and
the caller claimed to have already got an advance of Rs two
crore to eliminate him and would get Rs eight crore after
He claimed the plot to eliminate him could be to clear
the way for the by-elections.
"We have received a complaint from Baghel on August 22.
We are investigating the matter and within two days, a police
team will be sent to Punjab," Datia Superintendent of Police
Anil Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra