BSP MLA from MP receives threat, lodges complaint with police
Bhopal: A Bahujan Samaj Party MLA has lodged
a police complaint claiming he received a death threat over
phone from a person calling from Punjab.
BSP MLA from Sevadha in Datia district Radhelal Baghel
met the Madhya Pradesh Director General of Police (DGP)
Santosh Kumar Raut here and informed him about the threat to
Baghel told the DGP he received a call from Punjab and
the caller claimed to have already got an advance of Rs two
crore to eliminate him and would get Rs eight crore after
He claimed the plot to eliminate him could be to clear
the way for the by-elections.
"We have received a complaint from Baghel on August 22.
We are investigating the matter and within two days, a police
team will be sent to Punjab," Datia Superintendent of Police
Anil Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port