BSP MLA from MP receives threat, lodges complaint with police
Bhopal: A Bahujan Samaj Party MLA has lodged
a police complaint claiming he received a death threat over
phone from a person calling from Punjab.
BSP MLA from Sevadha in Datia district Radhelal Baghel
met the Madhya Pradesh Director General of Police (DGP)
Santosh Kumar Raut here and informed him about the threat to
Baghel told the DGP he received a call from Punjab and
the caller claimed to have already got an advance of Rs two
crore to eliminate him and would get Rs eight crore after
He claimed the plot to eliminate him could be to clear
the way for the by-elections.
"We have received a complaint from Baghel on August 22.
We are investigating the matter and within two days, a police
team will be sent to Punjab," Datia Superintendent of Police
Anil Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video