Buddha`s idol damaged in MP, three arrested
Balaghat (MP): Three persons were arrested for allegedly damaging Lord Buddha`s idol and the wall of the `Boudh Vihar` at Dhourgarh near Khairlanjhi town in the district, police said.
Some persons allegedly damaged the idol and the wall of Boudh Vihar last evening following which the local people got enraged.
Later, the three persons, identified as Rekhlal Lilhare, Mohan Lilhare and Virendra Pandarkar, were arrested in connection with the incident, Rampayali police station in-charge Devendra Chouhan told reporters.
They were produced before the court of Judicial Magistrate C K Bharpeth at Waraseoni town, which remanded them in judicial custody till August 30.
A probe was on to ascertain the reason behind the incident, Chouhan added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali