Budget Session: Cong to corner MP Govt over corruption
Bhopal: Main opposition Congress will
vociferously raise the issue of corruption against the ruling
BJP government in the Madhya Pradesh Assembly`s Budget Session
"Corruption in purchase of power, deteriorating law
and order situation, atrocities against women of SC/ST and
Lokayukta cases against nine ministers including Chief
Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan will be raised vociferously
during the Budget session," Leader of Opposition Jamuna
Devi and Deputy Leader of the Congress Legislature Party,
Choudhry Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi told reporters here today.
The Lokayukta cases were pending against nine ministers
including Chouhan, Urban Administration Minister Babulal Gaur,
Water Resources Minister, Jayant Mallaiya, Industries
Minister, Kailash Vijaywargiya and former Ministers Himmat
Kothari, Chandrabhan Singh and Kamal Patel, they said.
The duo alleged that rampant corruption was taking place
in the purchase of power and termed it as the "largest
ever scam in the power purchase."
The senior Congress leaders alleged that the government
had purchased power worth Rs 22,000 crore in the last few
years out of which power worth Rs 3000 crore was purchased
from private generation companies.
Out of this Rs 3000 crore, power worth Rs 750 crore
was purchased without any tender, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof