Bundelkhand package not being properly used: Singh
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh on Monday criticised the BJP state government for its utilisation of Bundelkhand package and alleged the money was being used by ministers instead.
"The state government has not spent even one-fourth of the funds it has received under the Bundelkhand package," Singh told reporters here.
Most of the package money was being given to BJP ministers and their families, he alleged, and added, Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi`s dream for the region would never be fulfilled.
Singh said he would prepare a report on prevailing conditions in the Bundelkhand region and submit it to Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan to ask for a high-level probe into the matter.
There were also a number of problems in the implementation of MNREGA in the state, he said.
A special package of over Rs 7,200 crore was announced by the Planning Commission for Bundelkhand, a backward drought-prone region, in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’