Bundelkhand package not being properly used: Singh
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh on Monday criticised the BJP state government for its utilisation of Bundelkhand package and alleged the money was being used by ministers instead.
"The state government has not spent even one-fourth of the funds it has received under the Bundelkhand package," Singh told reporters here.
Most of the package money was being given to BJP ministers and their families, he alleged, and added, Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi`s dream for the region would never be fulfilled.
Singh said he would prepare a report on prevailing conditions in the Bundelkhand region and submit it to Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan to ask for a high-level probe into the matter.
There were also a number of problems in the implementation of MNREGA in the state, he said.
A special package of over Rs 7,200 crore was announced by the Planning Commission for Bundelkhand, a backward drought-prone region, in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...