Bundelkhand package not being properly used: Singh
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh on Monday criticised the BJP state government for its utilisation of Bundelkhand package and alleged the money was being used by ministers instead.
"The state government has not spent even one-fourth of the funds it has received under the Bundelkhand package," Singh told reporters here.
Most of the package money was being given to BJP ministers and their families, he alleged, and added, Congress General Secretary Rahul Gandhi`s dream for the region would never be fulfilled.
Singh said he would prepare a report on prevailing conditions in the Bundelkhand region and submit it to Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan to ask for a high-level probe into the matter.
There were also a number of problems in the implementation of MNREGA in the state, he said.
A special package of over Rs 7,200 crore was announced by the Planning Commission for Bundelkhand, a backward drought-prone region, in 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death