Bungalow of Arundhati Roy`s husband illegal: Court
Hoshangabad: A local court here has
upheld Revenue Court`s decision declaring `illegal` a bungalow
built by Pradeep Kishan, filmmaker and husband of activist
Arundhati Roy, in a village in Pachamarhi hill station.
Sub-Divisional Magistrate V Kirangopal dismissed the
appeal of Kishan and three others, who also have their houses
in the same area, yesterday, Kishan`s counsel Sushil Goyal
In their appeal, Kishan, Aradhana Seth, Jagdish Chand
and N Yadav said they had built their dwellings lawfully in
revenue area and not in forest area.
Kishan and others filed the appeal in the SDM Court on a
direction from the Madhya Pradesh High Court in February. They
had filed a writ petition in the HC seeking setting aside of
the Revenue Court`s order of 2003 quashing their ownership
right on the land.
The four had bought land in Bariam village in 1993 and
got their houses built in 1995 after seeking all mandatory
sanctions, Goyal claimed.
However in 2003, sub-district revenue officer on a report
of a junior revenue official, cancelled their land rights,
stating the houses had been built on forest land area, where
sale or purchase of property is banned, he said.
"We are going to file an appeal with the Hoshangabad
Divisional Commissioner`s office against the dismissal of our
appeal," Goyal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday