Bus trial run on Indore BRTS road route from May 10
Indore: After a six-year wait, the air-conditioned bus will begin its trial run on the new BRTS (Bus Rapid Transport System) road route built in Indore at a cost of Rs 135 crore, from May 10.
It will be a free city travel for a while to passengers on the 11.46 kms road route during off-peak hours, District Collector Akash Tripathi, who held a review meeting on the BRTS operation yesterday, said in a press release.
Eight buses will ply on the route and if passenger load increases, 20 buses would be pressed into service on the BRTS.
Built on the pattern of Ahmedabad BRTS, city travellers will have bus frequency every 15 minutes at every specific point.
BRTS is built on the existing AB (Agra-Bombay) road from Rajiv Gandhi statue to Dewas Naka by expanding road in breadth, and to avoid traffic jams, the bus is run during off-peak hours, the Collector said.
The trial runs would be conducted from 7 to 9 AM, and from 8 to 10 PM.
Passengers will not be charged during the trial runs but a free ticket would be issued to them.
Drivers, marshals, traffic police and the executing agencies have been trained during the past one month for effective bus operations.
BRTS is being built in Indore under Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Mission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Saudi Airlines flight halted for 3 days in Ahmedabad!
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Irregularities in petition to oust Venezuela President Nicolas Maduro
- Alcohol kills an Indian every 96 minutes
- KSEEB 2nd (II) PUC Results 2016 Karnataka Board: Kseeb.kar.nic.in & karresults.nic.in for Class 12th XII, Second PUC Exam Results 2016 Karnataka Board, KSEEB to be declared shortly
- Devastated Ben Stokes undergoes surgery; Reece Topley ruled out for three months
- Honda City Vs Honda BR-V: A comparative review