Cache of swords seized, VHP leader on run in MP
Neemuch (MP): A large number of swords were seized from a house in Sanjeevani Colony area here on Tuesday and police arrested two persons in this connection.
Police said a VHP leader, who allegedly brought the weapons from Mandsaur town, managed to escape when police raided the place.
"We raided the place on a tip-off that the consignment of swords, along with sharpening equipment, has landed in the houses," SP (city) Pankaj Dixit told reporters.
A total of 50 swords and a machine were recovered from the spot, he said.
The arrested persons are identified as Mahesh Gurjar and Meghraj Lohar, Dixit said, adding that an office-bearer of VHP, Nirmaldev Narela, managed to escape.
"The arrested duo, in their statement to police, said the swords were brought by Narela and one Shyam Pehelwan from Mandsaur town," the officer said.
A manhunt has been launched to nab the absconding persons and a case under Arms Act was registered against them.
Dixit said a number of cases were registered against Narela in Neemuch district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter