Cache of swords seized, VHP leader on run in MP
Neemuch (MP): A large number of swords were seized from a house in Sanjeevani Colony area here on Tuesday and police arrested two persons in this connection.
Police said a VHP leader, who allegedly brought the weapons from Mandsaur town, managed to escape when police raided the place.
"We raided the place on a tip-off that the consignment of swords, along with sharpening equipment, has landed in the houses," SP (city) Pankaj Dixit told reporters.
A total of 50 swords and a machine were recovered from the spot, he said.
The arrested persons are identified as Mahesh Gurjar and Meghraj Lohar, Dixit said, adding that an office-bearer of VHP, Nirmaldev Narela, managed to escape.
"The arrested duo, in their statement to police, said the swords were brought by Narela and one Shyam Pehelwan from Mandsaur town," the officer said.
A manhunt has been launched to nab the absconding persons and a case under Arms Act was registered against them.
Dixit said a number of cases were registered against Narela in Neemuch district.
- Tiger Shroff, Shraddha Kapoor's 'Baaghi' crosses Rs 50 cr mark!
- Meaning, Rashi and Nakshatra of 10 unique baby boy names inspired by Lord Ganesha
- Sania Mirza's autobiography titled 'Ace Against Odds' to hit stands in July
- Volcanoes erupted beneath ice sheet on Mars billions of years ago
- Uttarakhand crisis: SC grants Centre time till May 6 to clear stand on holding floor test