Case against BJP candidate for distributing cash to voters
Bhopal: A case has been registered by Ujjain police against Madhya Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation chairman and BJP nominee from Ujjain (South), Mohan Yadav, for allegedly distributing cash to voters.
A senior police officer in Ujjain said that the case was registered against Yadav yesterday following a complaint by Congress MP Premchand Guddu.
Guddu approached the Election Commission in this regard, which sought a report from Ujjain Collector and based on a complaint from the Assistant Returning Officer, Mannu Singh Bhaskar, the Madhonagar police in Ujjain registered the case against Yadav.
"Prima facie there appears to be some substance in the complaint as the complainant also submitted a photo and CD containing a video footage (of Yadav distributing the cash)," the police officer said.
Guddu, who is also the chairman of Madhya Pradesh Congress Media and Publication Committee, said in a statement, "Yadav had distributed cash to voters three days back and the Congress had complained about it to the Election Commission with a photo and CD."
The Congress MP alleged that the BJP nominees across the state were distributing money to voters to influence the voters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!