Case against BJP candidate for distributing cash to voters
Bhopal: A case has been registered by Ujjain police against Madhya Pradesh Tourism Development Corporation chairman and BJP nominee from Ujjain (South), Mohan Yadav, for allegedly distributing cash to voters.
A senior police officer in Ujjain said that the case was registered against Yadav yesterday following a complaint by Congress MP Premchand Guddu.
Guddu approached the Election Commission in this regard, which sought a report from Ujjain Collector and based on a complaint from the Assistant Returning Officer, Mannu Singh Bhaskar, the Madhonagar police in Ujjain registered the case against Yadav.
"Prima facie there appears to be some substance in the complaint as the complainant also submitted a photo and CD containing a video footage (of Yadav distributing the cash)," the police officer said.
Guddu, who is also the chairman of Madhya Pradesh Congress Media and Publication Committee, said in a statement, "Yadav had distributed cash to voters three days back and the Congress had complained about it to the Election Commission with a photo and CD."
The Congress MP alleged that the BJP nominees across the state were distributing money to voters to influence the voters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured