Case against cops for Congress activist’s murder
Narsinghpur (MP): A case was registered against three policemen including Suatala Police Station in-charge in connection with the murder of a Congress worker Ambika Prasad Dube on June 16 this year, police said on Tuesday.
Dube was shot dead when he had allegedly kept in captivity two persons at Jhilpani Dhana village after a dispute over allocation of quota for the ration shop following which police intervened in the matter.
In the melee Dube suffered bullet injuries allegedly fired by police after which he was rushed to a hospital but he succumbed en route.
Since then the family members were demanding to register a case of murder against the policemen responsible for the incident.
Narsinghpur SP, GG Pandey said that after a probe and on the basis of available evidences, a case under Section 302, 304 and 34 was registered against then in-charge, Ashutosh Chand, head constables Kripashankar and Rajesh Jat and constable Shikhar Adania of Suatala Police Station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption