Case against cops for Congress activist’s murder
Narsinghpur (MP): A case was registered against three policemen including Suatala Police Station in-charge in connection with the murder of a Congress worker Ambika Prasad Dube on June 16 this year, police said on Tuesday.
Dube was shot dead when he had allegedly kept in captivity two persons at Jhilpani Dhana village after a dispute over allocation of quota for the ration shop following which police intervened in the matter.
In the melee Dube suffered bullet injuries allegedly fired by police after which he was rushed to a hospital but he succumbed en route.
Since then the family members were demanding to register a case of murder against the policemen responsible for the incident.
Narsinghpur SP, GG Pandey said that after a probe and on the basis of available evidences, a case under Section 302, 304 and 34 was registered against then in-charge, Ashutosh Chand, head constables Kripashankar and Rajesh Jat and constable Shikhar Adania of Suatala Police Station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble