CBI asked to file `conclusive` report on missing witness in Malegaon blast
  • This Section
  • Latest
  • Web Wrap
Last Updated: Friday, April 01, 2011, 00:06
  
Indore: The Indore bench of the Madhya Pradesh High Court on Thursday directed the CBI to submit by May 16 a "conclusive report" on the mysterious disappearance of a witness in the September 2008 Malegaon bomb blast case.

"The bench of Justices Shantanu Kemkar and Abhay Manohar Naik has directed the CBI to complete the probe on the disappearance of Dilip Patidar soon and submit a conclusive report in the court by May 16," Bhuwan Deshmukh, who is appearing for the kin of Patidar, told agency.

CBI has already announced a reward of Rs two lakh to any person who provides definite information about whereabouts of Patidar as he was the tenant of Ramchandra Kalsangra alias Ramji, who is wanted in several cases of bomb blasts, including that of the Samjhauta Express.

Dilip's brother, Ramswaroop, who had filed a petition in the Hight Court regarding disappearance said Maharashtra ATS had taken away Dilip in November 2008 in connection with the Malegaon bomb blast case and since then his whereabouts are not known.

The Madhya Pradesh High Court based on the plea of Ramswaroop had ordered a CBI probe into the case.

Seven persons were killed and 70 others injured when bomb went off on September 28, 2008 in the powerloom town of Malegaon in Maharashtra.

The Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad arrested 12 persons in connection with the blast.

PTI


First Published: Friday, April 01, 2011, 00:06


comments powered by Disqus