CBI asked to file `conclusive` report on missing witness in Malegaon blast
Indore: The Indore bench of the Madhya
Pradesh High Court on Thursday directed the CBI to submit by May 16
a "conclusive report" on the mysterious disappearance of a
witness in the September 2008 Malegaon bomb blast case.
"The bench of Justices Shantanu Kemkar and Abhay
Manohar Naik has directed the CBI to complete the probe
on the disappearance of Dilip Patidar soon and submit a
conclusive report in the court by May 16," Bhuwan Deshmukh,
who is appearing for the kin of Patidar, told agency.
CBI has already announced a reward of Rs two lakh to
any person who provides definite information about whereabouts
of Patidar as he was the tenant of Ramchandra Kalsangra alias
Ramji, who is wanted in several cases of bomb blasts,
including that of the Samjhauta Express.
Dilip`s brother, Ramswaroop, who had filed a petition
in the Hight Court regarding disappearance said Maharashtra
ATS had taken away Dilip in November 2008 in connection with
the Malegaon bomb blast case and since then his whereabouts
are not known.
The Madhya Pradesh High Court based on the plea of
Ramswaroop had ordered a CBI probe into the case.
Seven persons were killed and 70 others injured when
bomb went off on September 28, 2008 in the powerloom town of
Malegaon in Maharashtra.
The Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad arrested 12
persons in connection with the blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm
- Photo alert! Imran Khan and wife Avantika Malik party with Ranbir Kapoor