CBI begins probe in IPS officer`s killing in MP
New Delhi: CBI on Thursday began the probe into the killing of young IPS allegedly by the sand mafia in Madhya Pradesh after it registered a case and dispatched a team of experts to the murder spot.
After receiving notification from the Centre, CBI registered a case against unknown persons, agency sources said. The Centre issued the notification on the request of Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, the
Soon after registering a case, a team of CBI officials and experts of Central Forensic Science Laboratory was dispatched to the crime site where the 30-year-old officer was mowed down by a tractor purportedly owned by sand mafia in Morena district.
Chauhan had ordered a judicial inquiry into the incident and also recommended a CBI probe. Kumar`s wife, Madhu Rani Teotia, an IAS officer, had demanded a CBI probe.
Kumar, a 2009-batch officer, was posted at Banmore in Morena district as Sub Divisional Officer of Police (SDOP) a month ago and had taken on the mining mafia by seizing number of vehicles engaged in illegal quarrying.
The incident occurred on Holi day on March 8 when Kumar, who was out on patrolling duty in his official jeep, saw the trolley loaded with stones. He signaled the driver to stop but he did not pay heed.
So, he followed the vehicle, cut in and stood in front of the vehicle after getting down from his jeep. But the tractor driver drove on and knocked him down, crushing him to death. The driver was arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened