CBI begins probe into Ratangarh temple stampede
Datia: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has started its probe of the October 13 stampede at the Ratangarh Temple in Madhya Pradesh`s Datia District.
About 115 people were killed in the incident.
The Gwalior bench of the Madhya Pradesh High Court had ordered a CBI probe into the stampede on November 12 in response to a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) that demanded a probe into the incident by a central agency.
The state government has also set up a judicial commission to probe the stampede.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note