CBI begins probe into Ratangarh temple stampede
Datia: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has started its probe of the October 13 stampede at the Ratangarh Temple in Madhya Pradesh`s Datia District.
About 115 people were killed in the incident.
The Gwalior bench of the Madhya Pradesh High Court had ordered a CBI probe into the stampede on November 12 in response to a Public Interest Litigation (PIL) that demanded a probe into the incident by a central agency.
The state government has also set up a judicial commission to probe the stampede.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE class 10th results 2016 declared; with 96.36% pass percentage, girls outshine boys
- Pakistan fails to seal F-16 fighter jets deal with US, says report
- Sensational: New Zealand teenager Glenn Phillips hits 6 sixes in an over
- 'A Wednesday' veterans Anupam Kher, Naseeruddin Shah spar over Kashmiri Pandits - Details inside
- National Anthem disrespect: Farooq Abdullah offers apology, says 'sorry, if I offended anyone'