Central team to look into MNREGA complaints in 4 MP districts
Jhabua: A central team will soon visit four districts of Madhya Pradesh to look into the complaints of corruption in implementation of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MNREGA), Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh said here.
"The team would visit Jhabua, Alirajpur, Barwani and Dhar districts and examine all the works carried out under MNREGA and submit a report to me," he said at a public meeting at the Chandrashekhar Azad College Sports Ground yesterday.
Ramesh said after getting the report, he would ask the state government to take necessary action.
Since the BPL list in all states had bogus names, fresh lists will be prepared by removing the names of those who do not fall under the category, he said.
It was sad that although MNREGA was meant to provide employment for 100 days in a year, most states have been able to make provision for only 50 days, the Minister said.
It was the responsibility of state governments to ensure that funds given to them under MNREGA and other Central schemes were not misused, he said.
The cash transfer scheme has been launched to ensure that beneficiaries directly get the benefit of Central welfare schemes, Ramesh said.
Later, he told reporters at circuit house here that 119 families affected by silicosis (a lung disease) in the district would be Rs 70,000 each for housing under the Indira Awas Yojana and also a monthly pension of Rs 300.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow