Central team to look into MNREGA complaints in 4 MP districts
Jhabua: A central team will soon visit four districts of Madhya Pradesh to look into the complaints of corruption in implementation of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MNREGA), Union Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh said here.
"The team would visit Jhabua, Alirajpur, Barwani and Dhar districts and examine all the works carried out under MNREGA and submit a report to me," he said at a public meeting at the Chandrashekhar Azad College Sports Ground yesterday.
Ramesh said after getting the report, he would ask the state government to take necessary action.
Since the BPL list in all states had bogus names, fresh lists will be prepared by removing the names of those who do not fall under the category, he said.
It was sad that although MNREGA was meant to provide employment for 100 days in a year, most states have been able to make provision for only 50 days, the Minister said.
It was the responsibility of state governments to ensure that funds given to them under MNREGA and other Central schemes were not misused, he said.
The cash transfer scheme has been launched to ensure that beneficiaries directly get the benefit of Central welfare schemes, Ramesh said.
Later, he told reporters at circuit house here that 119 families affected by silicosis (a lung disease) in the district would be Rs 70,000 each for housing under the Indira Awas Yojana and also a monthly pension of Rs 300.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video