Centre denies to rename Bhopal as Bhojpal
Bhopal: The Centre has rejected Madhya
Pradesh government`s proposal to rename the state capital as
Bhojpal, after the great warrior king Raja Bhoj of Parmar
Officials said here today that the Centre had yesterday
announced changes in names of 25 towns and cities across the
country but rejected the move to change the name of Bhopal.
The two towns in Madhya Pradesh whose renaming have been
accepted are Mhow in the Indore district and Gotegaon in the
While Gotegaon would now be known as Sridham, Mhow would
henceforth be known as Ambedkar Nagar.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan had
proposed to change the name of Bhopal to Bhojpal while
unveiling a statue of Raja Bhoj in the Upptar Lake during a
function in March last year, a move that was opposed by
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Just married’ Bipasha Basu’s response to Raj Kundra’s ‘family planning’ question is epic!
- Delhi wakes to cool morning after rain, thunderstorm bring down mercury
- Days after Rishi Kapoor's 'baap ka maal' tweet against Gandhi family, Congress workers 'name' public toilet after him
- Uttarakhand sting CD controversy: CM Harish Rawat appears before CBI
- Corruption scandal throws Brazil`s interim government into disarray