Centre denies to rename Bhopal as Bhojpal
Bhopal: The Centre has rejected Madhya
Pradesh government`s proposal to rename the state capital as
Bhojpal, after the great warrior king Raja Bhoj of Parmar
Officials said here today that the Centre had yesterday
announced changes in names of 25 towns and cities across the
country but rejected the move to change the name of Bhopal.
The two towns in Madhya Pradesh whose renaming have been
accepted are Mhow in the Indore district and Gotegaon in the
While Gotegaon would now be known as Sridham, Mhow would
henceforth be known as Ambedkar Nagar.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan had
proposed to change the name of Bhopal to Bhojpal while
unveiling a statue of Raja Bhoj in the Upptar Lake during a
function in March last year, a move that was opposed by
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble