Centre denies to rename Bhopal as Bhojpal
Bhopal: The Centre has rejected Madhya
Pradesh government`s proposal to rename the state capital as
Bhojpal, after the great warrior king Raja Bhoj of Parmar
Officials said here today that the Centre had yesterday
announced changes in names of 25 towns and cities across the
country but rejected the move to change the name of Bhopal.
The two towns in Madhya Pradesh whose renaming have been
accepted are Mhow in the Indore district and Gotegaon in the
While Gotegaon would now be known as Sridham, Mhow would
henceforth be known as Ambedkar Nagar.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan had
proposed to change the name of Bhopal to Bhojpal while
unveiling a statue of Raja Bhoj in the Upptar Lake during a
function in March last year, a move that was opposed by
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed