Centre to spend Rs 25,000 cr on highways in MP
Chhindwara: The Central Government would
spend Rs 25,000 crore in different phases for the development
of national highways in Madhya Pradesh, Union Minister for
Surface Transport, Kamal Nath said Saturday.
"The Centre has set a target to invest Rs 25,000 crore
for the development of National Highways whose total length in
Madhya Pradesh is 5116 km," Nath told reporters in his
"Out of this, 4272 km long highway will be developed by
National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) and the remaining
844 km will be constructed by Madhya Pradesh Road Development
Corporation," the minister said.
Nath also informed that some sections of these highways
will be developed as `grand projects` with international
companies taking part in the tender process.
The Gwalior-Dewas section of National Highway 3, one of
the five such projects, would be developed by the NHAI, he
A special package of Rs 101.16 crore has been sanctioned
for the widening and strengthening of four roads in Naxal-hit
Balaghat district, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested