Centre to spend Rs 25,000 cr on highways in MP
Chhindwara: The Central Government would
spend Rs 25,000 crore in different phases for the development
of national highways in Madhya Pradesh, Union Minister for
Surface Transport, Kamal Nath said Saturday.
"The Centre has set a target to invest Rs 25,000 crore
for the development of National Highways whose total length in
Madhya Pradesh is 5116 km," Nath told reporters in his
"Out of this, 4272 km long highway will be developed by
National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) and the remaining
844 km will be constructed by Madhya Pradesh Road Development
Corporation," the minister said.
Nath also informed that some sections of these highways
will be developed as `grand projects` with international
companies taking part in the tender process.
The Gwalior-Dewas section of National Highway 3, one of
the five such projects, would be developed by the NHAI, he
A special package of Rs 101.16 crore has been sanctioned
for the widening and strengthening of four roads in Naxal-hit
Balaghat district, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!