Centre to spend Rs 25,000 cr on highways in MP
Chhindwara: The Central Government would
spend Rs 25,000 crore in different phases for the development
of national highways in Madhya Pradesh, Union Minister for
Surface Transport, Kamal Nath said Saturday.
"The Centre has set a target to invest Rs 25,000 crore
for the development of National Highways whose total length in
Madhya Pradesh is 5116 km," Nath told reporters in his
"Out of this, 4272 km long highway will be developed by
National Highway Authority of India (NHAI) and the remaining
844 km will be constructed by Madhya Pradesh Road Development
Corporation," the minister said.
Nath also informed that some sections of these highways
will be developed as `grand projects` with international
companies taking part in the tender process.
The Gwalior-Dewas section of National Highway 3, one of
the five such projects, would be developed by the NHAI, he
A special package of Rs 101.16 crore has been sanctioned
for the widening and strengthening of four roads in Naxal-hit
Balaghat district, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Rio Olympics 2016: Stupid to talk about hockey team's medal hopes, says Viren Rasquinha
- Putting past discrimination behind, Dutee Chand targets medal at Rio Olympics
- PM Narendra Modi posts video message on Facebook; it's MUST WATCH for UP residents
- Two more arrested over links with Nice attacker
- Rajinikanth thanks fans for 'Kabali' success with THIS sweetest gesture! - Details inside