Centre`s discrimination against MP visible in many ways: Jha
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh BJP on Sunday charged the UPA government at the Centre with "blatant discrimination" against the party government in the State.
The Madhya Pradesh BJP President, Prabhat Jha told a news agency here today that the Centre`s discrimination against the State government is visible in a large number of ways.
"The Centre is giving Madhya Pradesh much less than the allotted quota for coal and sugar," he said.
For the Birsinghpur, Sarni and Amarkantak Thermal Power Stations, an agreement has been reached with the Central Electricity Authority and the Union Coal Ministry for making available 150 lakh Metric Tonnes (MT) of Coal but only 136.81 MT were given to thermal power stations in the state, he said.
Jha said, "Because of this, electricity production fell down by 530 million units," adding that the state deserved to be allotted 170 lakh MT.
The state BJP president said that electricity production in Madhya Pradesh was also getting affected as the coal given to it was not of very good quality.
"67.70 lakh Ration Cards were issued to those families living Below the Poverty Line (BPL) but the Centre assumed that only 41.25 lakh families were living below the BPL in the state.
Jha said that even in the case of sugar, the quantity that was given to the state was 55,000 MT less than the allotted quantity.
"This almost works out to allotment of sugar for six months," Jha said.
He said that even the allotment given to Madhya Pradesh under the Indira Awas Yojana was much less than that for other states. For example Madhya Pradesh was a state much bigger than Kerala but the latter got much larger allotment under the Yojana.
Jha said that the electricity given to the state had been cut by 680 MW and demanded that the allocation of electricity to various states should be rationalised.
"This discrimination against the state had been done at every stage. This may be the result of the Congress fear caused by the development taking place under the BJP government in the state," Jha added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey