Chargesheet in Shehla Masood case soon: CBI
Bhopal: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) would be filing the chargesheet against all those arrested in the RTI activist Shehla Masood murder case within the stipulated 90 days` period, it said on Saturday.
DIG, CBI (Bhopal), Hemant Priyadarshi, also told reporters here that it would be wrong to say that transfer of investigation into Shehla`s murder to the Delhi unit of CBI meant a failure on the part of Bhopal unit.
"Even today many officers from the Bhopal unit who were working on the case are associated with it," he said.
It did not matter whether it was being handled by the Delhi unit or the Bhopal unit, he added.
Asked if BJP MLA, Dhruv Narayan Singh, would be arrested in the case, Hemant said that merely because his office and house had been searched did not mean that he would be arrested.
CBI has arrested five persons in the case so far, including Bhopal-based interior designer Zaheda Pervez.
According to the agency, Pervez had Shehla killed out of jealousy, as she had become insecure due to Shehla`s growing closeness to Dhruv Narayan.
Answering a question about former BJP minister, Kamal Patel, who was let off by trial court in a murder case, the DIG said CBI had moved a higher court against this decision.
Hemant admitted that CBI did suffer from a shortage of investigating officers, hence it had to take police officers on deputation.
Neither he nor his team of officers had so far seen any interference by the Centre in CBI`s working, he said, replying to another question.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj