Chargesheet served on 12 MP doctors involved in drug trials
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh government has served charge sheet on twelve doctors allegedly involved in drug trials against whom legal action would be taken if they were found guilty, the state Assembly was told here on Wednesday.
Replying to a question from Pratap Grewal (Congress) on drug trials, Madhya Pradesh Minister of State for Health, Mahendra Hardia said the matter is being raised in the House for a long time.
He said that Indore`s Chief Medical and Health Officer has sent a preliminary probe report on unethical drug trials being carried out in private hospitals, nursing homes and research centres, with his recommendations to the State Health Commissioner.
On the basis of these recommendations, the state government has served charge sheets on 12 MP doctors.
The Minister is his written reply to Grewal`s query also informed that despite giving charge sheet to these doctors it has not cancelled their registrations as only the Madhya Pradesh Medical Council is vested with the power to do so.
The Medical Council has also served notices to these doctors and conducted a probe in the matter. According to the doctors, they have conducted the trials after getting approval from the Drug Controller of India under the Schedule Y of the Drug Cosmetic Rules 1945 amended in 2005.
Under the rule, it was mandatory for them to keep the data secured and maintain confidentiality in the matter.
Hardia also informed the House that the State Medical Council had also written letters on December 30, 2011, and February 25, 2012, to the Drug Controller General of India with a request to issue directives for probing the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?